Monday, April 17, 2006

Flytec Champs Day 1

Man a crosswind task can be a pain in the butt! What a long day. I'm knackered. Flying upwind takes a hard penalty out of the flex wings and too many of the glides had that death glide feel to them. Usually I only get low once or less per flight but on this one it seemed like we were struggling after at least half the glides. By the time we cruised past Quest my hopes were flailing. Our realatively large gaggle got split up south of the flight park but I later noticed that the group ahead was getting blown pretty far off course. As the lift weakened the climbs were not strong enough to make good progress against the crossing headwind. Bronson ranch lay below us so I pushed towards 33 rather. Fortunately most of our group followed and landed close to 33. Bonson ranch is all locked gates. Especially on the weekends. I heard Curt, Oleg, and Brett were lucky Chuck was able to get them out since they drifted in so deep. I also heard they recieved a warning that included the word "arrest" in it. Uh oh. I am sure Curt smoothed things over with that slick talking Ozzie style of his. haha.

It is very dissapointing that such a long flight (airime) was worth so few points in the end. It was not easy staying in the air and on course.

Kev

No comments: